Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Story of a Beautiful Girl by Rachel Simon

This book has it all.  It came to my attention before it was published, and I couldn't wait to see it in print so I could recommend it to anyone who came near me!

The book opens as a lovely retired widowed teacher opens her front door to a couple soaked by a rainstorm. As they enter her home, and shed their rain drenched outer garments, she sees a young white woman with a newborn, and a black man who is not the baby's father.  As she prepared food for them, more pounding comes at the door, and they flee, but not before pressing the baby into the teacher's arms and urging "hide her!" 

The ensuing story is spellbinding, and I can't stop thinking about it!

Check our catalog

No comments:

Post a Comment

We review all comments and reserve the right to remove comments based on: profanity, irrelevance, spam, personal attacks and anything else contrary to our guidelines.